I’m not the biggest fan of Valentine’s Day in the romantic sense, but I do jump at any excuse to bake ridiculously cute things. I love the sudden abundance of heart-shaped cookie cutters, pink frosting, & all sorts of little, glittery heart sprinkles.
I made these cookies & brought them into work for my coworkers for Valentine’s Day, today. I can’t take too much credit, as the mix & frosting are all Pillsbury, but I thought they were too cute not to share. Besides, who doesn’t LOVE Funfetti?
On the way to work, I offered one of my cookies to the bus driver, & she was SO excited. She told me that I had made her day. Things like that are why I truly love cooking. So much.
It makes me so happy to share my culinary adventures with all of you, & I hope each & every one of you have a Happy Valentine’s Day. ♥
Funfetti Cookies (courtesy of Pillsbury)
Servings: 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 5 minutes mixing, 5-10 minutes frosting
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 (18.9-oz.) pkg. Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Funfetti® Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 (15.6-oz.) can Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Frosting (I used Strawberry)
- sprinkles (I used Wilton Chocolate Hearts Sprinkles)
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs; stir with spoon until thoroughly moistened. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. With bottom of glass dipped in flour, flatten to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Bake at 375°F. for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
- Spread frosting over warm cookies. Immediately sprinkle each with candy bits from frosting. Let frosting set before storing. Store in tightly covered container.